Wednesday 13 May 2015

Right, here goes, starting now....

Now felt like as good a time as any to start a blog, as I realised the need for it for myself!
Embarking on my current postgraduate study I know I am in a very different place from when I last did a degree (20 years ago). Well, not geographically, but in terms of practice, work and creativity I am in a different place (Portsmouth is also a different place too).
I feel like I have something to write about which is good because I know have a lot of writing a head of me, but I'm looking forward to it. I've always struggled with words and expressing myself in writing: I was much more at ease drawing, taking a photo, playing a tune or singing a song, on my own or in groups: Listening and watching was my primary way of interacting with the world around me, reading and writing didn't come naturally, so I think I was left with a sense that I wasn't any good at it.
However, now I feel I have something to say about my experience of being a community vocal practitioner and one way to articulate and help form my ideas and thoughts is to start writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment